In this video, Motley Fool industrials analyst Blake Bos outlines two reasons to buy, and one compelling reason to sell, Caterpillar. One reason to buy is that the company sells at a low multiple and has the potential of a macroeconomic slowdown built into the stock price. That is, downside risk is limited. Another reason to buy is that Caterpillar has made a series of acquisitions expanding its market reach. However, this is also the reason to sell since integration of these acquisitions has not always gone smoothly. Caterpillar needs to gain synergies from its acquisitions and expand its international presence to do well in the future.
The Motley Fool's industrials analyst, I specialize in 3-D printing and also do my best to stay up-to-date in the fields of robotics and oceanic transportation. Follow me on Twitter, Google+, and/or Facebook below for the most important 3-D printing industry developments and other great stories.
- May 10, 2013 at 4:00PM
- Stock Market News: Netflix's Oscar Hopes Rise; Caterpillar's Naysayers Speak Up
- Caterpillar's Crushing Downgrade: What You Need to Know
- Stock Market News: Aurora Buys Portuguese Pot, Caterpillar Comes Down
- 3 Risky but Potentially High-Reward Stocks
- Stock Market News: Aurora Opens Marijuana Earnings Season While Caterpillar Celebrates Trade Talks