In the following video, Motley Fool industrials analyst Blake Bos gives investors a little perspective on one of the often-ignored risks with Boeing (NYSE:BA). He takes a look back to Lockheed Martin (NYSE:LMT) in the late sixties, and gives investors the cautionary tale of what happened to the company when one of its major suppliers, Rolls Royce, went into bankruptcy. Could Boeing be at risk for a similar supplier calamity?
May 17, 2013 at 4:32PM
The Motley Fool's industrials analyst, I specialize in 3-D printing and also do my best to stay up-to-date in the fields of robotics and oceanic transportation. Follow me on Twitter, Google+, and/or Facebook below for the most important 3-D printing industry developments and other great stories.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/27/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- China to Sanction U.S. Defense Contractors Over Taiwan Sales
- Nokia to Provide Cell Service on the Moon (and Other Space Stories)
- Uh-oh Boeing: Southwest Considering an Airbus Plane
- Southwest Will Add More Passengers to Planes as Coronavirus Transmission Fears Wane
- Boeing Has a Delta IV Rocket Problem