In this video, Motley Fool analyst Austin Smith sits down with host Mark Reeth to discuss one surprising trend in real estate. Austin recently sat down with the CEO of LendingTree (NASDAQ:TREE), who said that when interest rates begin to rise, banks that can no longer fill their mortgage quotas on their own begin to turn to the online real estate mass aggregators, such as LendingTree, Bankrate (NYSE:RATE) or Zillow (NASDAQ:ZG). Austin compares this situation to the airline industry and discusses what impact the shift online could have on this space in the future.
Austin Smith and Mark Reeth
Aug 24, 2013 at 5:00PM
A long-term investor looking to own the best businesses available.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 07/15/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- Could Zillow's Fears Be The Key To Zillow's Growth?
- Zillow Group Inc (ZG) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- 2 Sectors to Add to Big Potential in 2019 and 2 Poised to Plunge
- Zillow Group Inc (Z) (ZG) Q3 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- Zillow Group, Inc. (ZG) Q2 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript