Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) CEO Steve Ballmer announced his intentions to retire last week. It's the end of an era for the tech giant. The question for the next CEO is about where to take the company's strategy. Ballmer set up Microsoft for a services-and-devices model, so it could compete with Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL) in tablets and smartphones, but is that the right path? Fool Contributor Travis Hoium gives his thoughts in the video below.
- Aug 30, 2013 at 6:00PM
- Technology and Telecom
- 2 Reasons Why Big Tech Is So Invested in Voice Assistants
- Microsoft Q1 Earnings: It's All About the Cloud
- 3 Top Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Watch in October
- Microsoft’s Mixer Is Catching up to Amazon’s Twitch and Google’s YouTube
- Why Microsoft Investors Don't Need to Worry If the Surface Duo Flops