Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) CEO Steve Ballmer announced his intentions to retire last week. It's the end of an era for the tech giant. The question for the next CEO is about where to take the company's strategy. Ballmer set up Microsoft for a services-and-devices model, so it could compete with Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) and Google (NASDAQ:GOOGL) in tablets and smartphones, but is that the right path? Fool Contributor Travis Hoium gives his thoughts in the video below.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 11/26/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- Microsoft's Cloud Growth Continues to Pay Dividends
- Microsoft's Growth Engine is Firing on All Cylinders
- Microsoft's New Security Chip Could Strengthen Windows
- Microsoft Kicks Off Next-Gen Cycle With Xbox Series X and Series S Launch
- Will Microsoft's Xbox Finally Take Market Share from Sony's PlayStation in Japan?