As every analyst and media outlet spouts its own vision for tech giant Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT), it seems the future course for this tech laggard could head in one of a million possible directions. Investors hungry to actually make a buck after years of doing exactly the opposite have hoped for any number of moves, all aiming to unlock shareholder value. And while there are several interesting spinoff opportunities possibly in the future of the software powerhouse, one thing is clear: It needs to hold on to the Xbox. In this video, Fool contributor Andrew Tonner gives his case for why Microsoft is fundamentally better off by holding on to its gaming franchise.
- Aug 30, 2013 at 10:00PM
- Technology and Telecom
- 2 Reasons Why Big Tech Is So Invested in Voice Assistants
- Microsoft Q1 Earnings: It's All About the Cloud
- 3 Top Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Watch in October
- Microsoft’s Mixer Is Catching up to Amazon’s Twitch and Google’s YouTube
- Why Microsoft Investors Don't Need to Worry If the Surface Duo Flops