Mortgage REITs, like Annaly Capital Management (NYSE:NLY) and American Capital Agency (NASDAQ:AGNC), have had a rough run in recent months. However, in the long-run, which mREITs have the best chance to deliver superior results for shareholders. In this segment of The Motley Fool's financials-focused show, Where the Money Is, banking analysts Matt Koppenheffer and David Hanson look back at some historical data and tell viewers why Annaly Capital Mangement may have a better chance of winning than a REIT like Two Harbors (NYSE:TWO).
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/26/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- 2 Dividend Stocks That Are Dirt Cheap Right Now
- Got $100,000? These Dividend Stocks Can Collectively Net You Almost $8,700 in Annual Income
- Is There Danger Ahead for These 2 High-Yield Dividend Stocks?
- Annaly Capital Increases Exposure to Credit Risk as Agency Spreads Widen
- These Are 3 REITs You Should Be Buying Now