- $30.8 million: a sole-source, firm-fixed-price contract to supply the U.S. Navy with unspecified receiver transmitters. This four-year contract will run through Feb. 28, 2018.
- $16.6 million: a firm-fixed-price contract to supply the U.S. Navy with unspecified turret assemblies. This 31-month contract will run through Sept. 30, 2016.
- $16.4 million: a contract modification funding software maintenance work for the U.S. Air Force's Global Broadcast Service, or GBS, Defense Enterprise Computing Center Software Sustainment and GBS Operations Center Operations, or GBSOC. The Air Force describes GBS as "a communication broadcast service" that relays "large-volume data" such as photos and video taken by reconnaissance drones, disseminating this intelligence to warfighters in the field who need access to what the drones are seeing. Lockheed will be expected to provide personnel to staff the GBSOC "24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year" for the duration of the contract, which is expected to run at least through Dec. 31, 2015.
Feb 14, 2014 at 9:30AM
I like things that go "boom." Sonic or otherwise, that means I tend to gravitate towards defense and aerospace stocks. But to tell the truth, over the course of a dozen years writing for The Motley Fool, I have covered -- and continue to cover -- everything from retailers to consumer goods stocks, and from tech to banks to insurers as well. Follow me on Twitter or Facebook for the most important developments in defense & aerospace news, and other great stories besides.
- Feb 14, 2014 at 9:30AM
- Lockheed Will Keep F-16 Flying With $8 Billion Sale to Taiwan
- Boeing Gets Almost $1 Billion to Keep the A-10 "Warthog" Flying
- Boeing and Lockheed Will Help Supply the Space Station
- Contracts Galore as NASA Ramps Up Project Artemis to Land on the Moon
- Here's Lockheed Martin's Next Big Growth Opportunity