In this segment from Tuesday's Investor Beat, Motley Fool analysts Mike Olsen and Morgan Housel each discuss stocks they're watching closely this week. Morgan says that for a real circus, keep an eye on Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG). The insane volatility around this stock is a symbol of the amount of speculation there is in the power market at the moment. For a stock to buy, however, Morgan tells investors why he still loves Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX). Meanwhile, Mike looks at Chiquita Brands International (NYSE: CQB), and its billion-dollar deal to buy Fyffes, creating the world's largest banana supplier. Mike discusses what impact this will have on the banana market, and why it may not be struck down by regulators, despite starting to seem like a monopoly.
Mar 11, 2014 at 6:54PM
Full-time host of the Motley Fool Money radio show, MarketFoolery podcast, and other things. Part-time connoisseur of movies, basketball & fine bourbon.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 01/14/2021.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- Hydrogen Fuel Cell Stocks Are Cashing In -- Should You Worry?
- 3 Bubble Stocks Robinhood Investors Keep Chasing
- Why Plug Power, Ballard Power, and FuelCell Energy Stocks All Crashed Today -- but Bloom Energy Bounced
- Why Plug Power, Ballard Power, and (Even) Bloom Energy Stocks Are Flying Today
- Stock Markets Seek New Records as Plug Power, Skillz Soar
What the Analysts Are Watching: Chiquita Brands and Plug Power @themotleyfool #stocks $PAYX $PLUG Next Article