In this segment from Tuesday's Investor Beat, Motley Fool analysts Mike Olsen and Morgan Housel each discuss stocks they're watching closely this week. Morgan says that for a real circus, keep an eye on Plug Power (NASDAQ:PLUG). The insane volatility around this stock is a symbol of the amount of speculation there is in the power market at the moment. For a stock to buy, however, Morgan tells investors why he still loves Paychex (NASDAQ:PAYX). Meanwhile, Mike looks at Chiquita Brands International (UNKNOWN:CQB.DL), and its billion-dollar deal to buy Fyffes, creating the world's largest banana supplier. Mike discusses what impact this will have on the banana market, and why it may not be struck down by regulators, despite starting to seem like a monopoly.
Mar 11, 2014 at 6:54PM
Full-time host of the Motley Fool Money radio show, MarketFoolery podcast, and other things. Part-time connoisseur of movies, basketball & fine bourbon.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
5 Years 71% 43%
17+ years 379% 102%
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 01/18/2020.Join Stock Advisor
- Is This Quiet Street in Ireland Costing Americans Millions of Dollars in Lost Taxes?
- How Banana Prices Are Affecting These 2 Companies
- Twitter and Tech Stocks Soar, DirecTV Spikes, and Chiquita Looks Slippery
- Where to Put Your Money in Apparel Retail
- S&P 500 Slips on Chinese Export Decline Despite Chiquita Banana M&A News