In this segment from Thursday's Investor Beat, Motley Fool analyst David Hanson discusses why Discover (NYSE:DFS) should stand in its own right as a strong performing investment, rather than continuing to hold the stigma among investors as "the poor man's American Express (NYSE:AXP)." David also talks about why this company should stand apart in investors' minds from the two big players in credit cards, Visa (NYSE:V) and MasterCard (NYSE:MA), and why Discover should almost be viewed more as a bank than a credit card company.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 12/04/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- One of Warren Buffett's Favorite Stocks Is Up 50% This Year. Can It Keep Climbing?
- 2 Undervalued Stocks With Businesses Anybody Can Understand
- This Warren Buffett Stock Is Soaring Thanks to... Gen Z?!
- American Express (AXP) Q3 2021 Earnings Call Transcript
- What to Expect From American Express, Capital One, and Discover in Q3 Earnings