In this segment from Tuesday's Investor Beat, Motley Fool analysts Jason Moser and Bryan White each discuss one stock they'll be keeping a close eye on this week, as earnings season begins. Jason will be looking ahead to when Family Dollar (NYSE:FDO.DL) reports, noting that while these dollar-store companies seemed interesting during the recession, as the economy continues to improve, they are finding competition tougher and tougher, and margins thinner and thinner. Meanwhile, Bryan says he'll be keeping an ear out for news about National Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV), to hear when the company will finally announce the official spin-off of its distribution segment.
Apr 8, 2014 at 7:54PM
Full-time host of the Motley Fool Money radio show, MarketFoolery podcast, and other things. Part-time connoisseur of movies, basketball & fine bourbon.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/24/2020.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- Netflix Just Proved 2 Aspects of the Stock's Bull Thesis
- Bloomin' Brands (BLMN) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Intercontinental Hotels Group plc (IHG) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript
- Amazon to Open 700,000 Square-Foot Robotics Fulfillment Center in Texas
- Grupo Televisa, S.A.B (TV) Q3 2020 Earnings Call Transcript