Here are some of the most interesting stories I've been reading today.
From around the web:
1. 10 Reasons Apple Will Buy Beats by Dave Pell
"Beats headphones don't sound that great. But they make up for it in volume." Some great insights (and a few laughs) in this fun piece.
2. Yes, we're in a tech bubble. Here's how I know it. by Adam Lashinsky
When tech executives are calling up journalists to offer them shares, the end of the bubble might be approaching.
3. How to Trick the Guilty and Gullible Into Revealing Themselves by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner
The authors of Freakonomics show you why it's important for the garden to weed itself.
4. Hedge Funds, Fortunes, and Merit by Dan McCrum
A detailed look at how some hedge funds make their vast fortunes.
5. Making Ends Meet at Walmart by Gretchen Morgenson
When it comes to making adjustments that will affect executive compensation, Wal-Mart executives are pretty forgiving and flexible. Unsurprising, of course, but this is an interesting analysis.
And from Fool.com:
6. An Inside Look at Finding Outsider CEOs by Brendan Mathews
Insights from one of The Motley Fool's favorite books.
7. 10 Great Charlie Munger Quotes From Berkshire Hathaway's Annual Meeting by Brendan Mathews
Invaluable investing insights from the recent Berkshire Hathaway event.
8. These Are The 2 Rooms That Really Sell Homes by Michael Corbett
A great kitchen and master bath will dramatically increase the value of your home.
9. This Is Why Disney Raised Ticket Prices by Demitrios Kalogeropoulos
Disney has room to raise prices and this is good news for investors.
10. How Ford Will Fight Back Against Chrysler's Ram by John Rosevear
Ford will have to offer discounts in May in order to stay competitive.
John Reeves owns shares of Berkshire Hathaway and Walt Disney. The Motley Fool recommends Berkshire Hathaway, Ford, and Walt Disney. The Motley Fool owns shares of Berkshire Hathaway, Ford, and Walt Disney. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.
More from The Motley Fool
GameStop Corp: 5 Reasons to Buy, 5 Reasons to Sell
Is the struggling video game retailer a value stock or a value trap?
2 Important Things to Know About Taking Social Security at 65
Think you want to start collecting benefits at 65? Read this first.
Relax! Your iPhone 6 Isn't About to Shed 40% of Its Performance
This Fool counters fiction with facts.