Well, it's that time again. Now that you have all your tax documents in hand (hopefully), that April 15 deadline is staring you in the face. And it's just going to get worse the longer you wait.
Much better, thank you
At least from one perspective, investors found 2009 to be a big improvement over the previous year. Most investors couldn't do anything but count their losses in 2008, as even giant companies like Apple
Now, though, it's time to pay the piper. With big gains comes the potential for a big tax bill. You need all the help you can get to keep your taxes under control.
Read all about it
That's why The Motley Fool has gathered together articles on a number of tax-related subjects. In the list below, you'll find some helpful information that will help you cut your tax bill as much as you can.
So whether you're trying to figure out how to minimize the tax hit on dividend-paying stocks like Johnson & Johnson
- Cut Your Taxes in 7 Easy Steps
- Don't Get Scammed on Your Tax Refund
- Your Tax Rate Is Tricking You
- 5 Reasons Your Taxes Might Change
- Tax Tips for Small Businesses
Taxes and investing:
- 6 Things Investors Should Know About Taxes
- This Could Cause the Next Crash
- These Money Moves Will Keep Taxes at Bay
- Mutual Funds and Your Taxes
- Don't Let This Destroy Your Financial Future
- Spinoffs, Mergers, Taxes, and You
- Make the Most of Worthless Stock
- Make Your Tax Return IRS-Proof
- Find the Right Tax Pro Pronto!
- Lower Taxes Are Always in Season
- How to Prevent a Tax Disaster
- What Records Can You Really Throw Away?
- 6 Smart Ways to Plan Your Estate
- This Billion-Dollar Question Is Still Up in the Air
- 10 Things You Shouldn't Go Without
- Do You Need a Living Trust?
And remember: If you're getting a refund, the sooner you file, the sooner you'll get your money. So don't procrastinate -- find out how you can start saving on your taxes today!
Learn more about how to reduce your tax bill at The Motley Fool's Tax Center.
Fool contributor Dan Caplinger has his taxes mostly done, but he owes money, so he'll wait until April to file. He doesn't own shares of the companies mentioned in this article. Google is a Motley Fool Rule Breakers selection. Apple and Ford Motor are Motley Fool Stock Advisor picks. Johnson & Johnson is a Motley Fool Income Investor selection. Try any of our Foolish newsletters today, free for 30 days. The only sure things in life are death, taxes, and the Fool's disclosure policy.