The U.S. election has gotten most of the domestic headlines, but it's a leadership change in China that will most impact gaming stocks going forward. Las Vegas Sands (NYSE:LVS), Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN), Melco Crown (NASDAQ:MLCO), and even MGM Resorts (NYSE:MGM) all count on Macau and by extension China's VIP gamblers for a large portion of their business. But what most people don't know is that much of the VIP business is driven by junkets, which provide a way for wealthy Chinese to get money out of China. If China's new government tries to crack down on the flow of funds out of China through Macau or other corrupt practices that are often tied to Macau, it could affect gaming revenue going forward.
Motley Fool Returns
Stock Advisor S&P 500
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 01/14/2021.Join Stock Advisor
Cumulative Growth of a $10,000 Investment in Stock Advisor Calculated by Time-Weighted Return
- Macao Casinos at Risk as China Warns Against Visits During February New Year Holiday
- Why Your 2021 Resolution Should Be to Buy More Gambling Stocks
- Where Will MGM Resorts Be in 1 Year?
- Investor Urges MGM Resorts to Sell Off Stake in China Operations
- MGM Resorts Makes Bid For Sports Betting Dominance