The same Clean Water Act that punished Exxon with its major Exxon Valdez oil spill states that if gross negligence is found, a company can be punished up to $4,300 per spilled barrel. So the announcement this week that BP (NYSE:BP) has agreed to pay out $4.5B for its recent 2010 Gulf of Mexico spill was thought by some to be somewhat low, and many in the Department of Justice are not satisfied with the agreement. In this video, Motley Fool Energy Analyst Taylor Muckerman tells us what we can expect to see down the road, as BP works to clean up this mess.
Motley Fool Returns
Discounted offers are only available to new members. Stock Advisor will renew at the then current list price. Stock Advisor list price is $199 per year.
Stock Advisor launched in February of 2002. Returns as of 10/25/2021.
Average returns of all recommendations since inception. Cost basis and return based on previous market day close.
- Got $5,000? 3 Stocks To Hold for the Next 20 Years
- Why Plug Power, FuelCell, and Bloom Energy Stocks All Dropped Friday
- NextEra Energy Continues to Tap New Sources of Growth
- Got $500? These 3 Stocks Could Make You Richer 1 Dividend Check at a Time
- This Energy Stock Has Doubled in 2021 -- Could it Keep Rising?