Case-Shiller has just reported that home prices are up 12.2%. Should homeowners be jumping for joy? In this video segment, Motley Fool analyst Austin Smith discusses with host Chris Hill how Case-Shiller's methodology leaves its figure significantly higher than other agencies' figures, and gives investors some insight into how to interpret these numbers. He also warns that buying a home as an investor may not be the right way to play these rising home prices and gives some key alternatives that he prefers.
Austin Smith and Chris Hill
A long-term investor looking to own the best businesses available.
- Aug 3, 2013 at 11:00AM
- This Is Exactly How Much Money Experts Say You Should Stash in an Emergency Fund
- Coke Zero Sugar and Pricing Strength Are Driving Coca-Cola's Results
- Strong Cash Flows Allow Steel Dynamics to Continue Expanding
- After Two Years, a Chipotle Bear Changes His Tune Just Before Earnings
- IBM's Weak Results Hide Its Growth Potential