In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the week's biggest tech news and rumors with Jamal Carnette and Evan Niu, CFA. This week's topics:
- Facebook's third-quarter earnings release shows how volatile the stock can be.
- Smartphone sales hit a new record as price points continue to fall. Meanwhile, Apple's lost tablet market share, but the new iPad refresh will probably mitigate that.
- Intel has largely sat out of the mobile fray -- until now.
- Google's new Nexus 5 sports LTE and Android 4.4 KitKat.
- The rumor mill suggests the Retina iPad Mini will arrive before Thanksgiving.
- The King of Cupertino is toppled from its mighty throne: Apple lost its ranking in tablet customer satisfaction to Samsung.
- Microsoft's Smart Search peeks inside users' personal desktop searches.