In this episode of Tech Teardown, Erin Kennedy discusses the week's biggest tech news and rumors with Jamal Carnette and Evan Niu, CFA. This week's topics:
- Facebook's third-quarter earnings release shows how volatile the stock can be.
- Smartphone sales hit a new record as price points continue to fall. Meanwhile, Apple's lost tablet market share, but the new iPad refresh will probably mitigate that.
- Intel has largely sat out of the mobile fray -- until now.
- Google's new Nexus 5 sports LTE and Android 4.4 KitKat.
- The rumor mill suggests the Retina iPad Mini will arrive before Thanksgiving.
- The King of Cupertino is toppled from its mighty throne: Apple lost its ranking in tablet customer satisfaction to Samsung.
- Microsoft's Smart Search peeks inside users' personal desktop searches.
Erin Kennedy owns shares of Apple. Evan Niu, CFA, owns shares of Apple, Verizon Communications, and Qualcomm. Jamal Carnette owns shares of Apple and Facebook. The Motley Fool recommends Apple, Facebook, Google, Intel, and NVIDIA and owns shares of Apple, Facebook, Google, Intel, Microsoft, and Qualcomm. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools don't all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.