Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) talks with Comcast (NASDAQ:CMCSA) about crafting a special set-top box for the network, as Facebook (NASDAQ:FB) surfaces memories of dot-com excess with its $2 billion purchase of Oculus. Will either move benefit shareholders? And what about Divergent? Will critical reviews doom Lions Gate's (NYSE: LGF) franchise-in-the-making as Twenty-First Century Fox (NASDAQ: FOXA) coaxes Marvel superheroes fans with a fresh trailer for X-Men: Days of Future Past? Ellen Bowman, Nathan Alderman, and Tim Beyers have these stories and more in this week's episode of 1-Up on Wall Street!
Tim Beyers first began writing for the Fool in 2003. Today, he's a full-time analyst for a variety of premium Motley Fool services, including Rule Breakers. He's also a contributing analyst to David Gardner's Supernova Universe services and Tom Gardner's Discovery services. At Fool.com, he writes about the stocks he researches for members, which usually means diving into disruptive ideas in technology and entertainment. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Mar 28, 2014 at 3:30AM
- Consumer Goods
- AR and VR Are Cool Tech Ideas, but They Are Not Hot Investments
- Facebook Is No Longer a Top 10 Global Brand
- Facebook Is Losing Employees to One of Its Most Viable Emerging Competitors
- Better Tech Stock Buy: Facebook vs. Google Parent Alphabet
- Facebook Is Adding Video Chat for Businesses: Should Zoom Be Worried?