In this video I will be going over Teladoc's (TDOC 0.69%) recent earnings and comparing it to one of its competitors, Amwell (AMWL 1.59%). While one's business has been improving, the other's has been declining. You can find the full video below.
Teladoc vs. Amwell
Teladoc Health's organic revenue grew by 41% vs. 69% sequentially. The company reported total revenue of $503 million, up 108.7% year over year and 10.8% quarter over quarter.
- U.S. revenue grew 120% YOY while international revenue grew 26.6%.
- U.S. paid members came in at 52 million, up 4% YOY and 1% QOQ.
- Total visits increased 27.2% YOY and 10.9% QOQ to 3.5 million.
The company expects Q3 revenue to come in between $510 million and $520 million, a 78% YOY growth at the midpoint, and total visits to be between 3.4 million and 3.6 million, a 23.5% YOY growth at the midpoint.
Amwell reported total revenue of $60.2 million, a 12% decrease YOY and a 5% increase QOQ.
- Subscription revenue was $26.8 million, compared to $24.6 million.
- Visit revenue was $27.5 million, compared to $27.8 million.
- Total visits decreased QOQ from 1.6 million to 1.3 million.
- Gross margin was 43.7%, compared to 38% last quarter.
The company lowered Q3 guidance for visits from between 1.5 million and 1.7 million visits to between 1.4 million and 1.5 million visits.
Teladoc stock is down 30% this year while Amwell is down 61%, but as the numbers above show, Teladoc is not only growing but is also outgrowing its competitors. While Amwell is seeing a decline, Teladoc is seeing an increase across the board. And now, fears of the delta variant might bode well for both companies.
For the full insight do watch the video below.
*Stock prices used were the closing prices of August 20, 2021. The video was published on August 22, 2021.