On May 15, Target
- Revenues and profits increased 12%.
- Gross margins rose companywide, but stepped back on a merchandise-only basis.
- More cash consumed by operations plus more capital spending meant more negative free cash flow than the prior year.
(Figures in millions, except per-share data)
Income Statement Highlights
Get back to basics with a look at the income statement.
Margins are the earnings engine. See how they work.
Balance Sheet Highlights
Cash + ST Invest.
Learn the ways of the balance sheet.
Cash Flow Highlights
Cash From Ops.
Free Cash Flow
Find out why Fools always follow the money.
- BJ's Wholesale Club
- Sears Holdings
- Foolish Fundamentals: Margins
- Foolish Fundamentals: Enterprise Value
- Foolish Fundamentals: Free Cash Flow
What kind of investor are you? Costco was recommended in Stock Advisor and Wal-Mart in Inside Value. Learn more about them -- and talk to other investors interested in these stocks on our discussion boards -- when you take afree trial to any of our newsletters.
Fool by Numbers is designed to give you the raw earnings information in a timely fashion, putting all the numbers you need in one easy-to-read place. But at The Motley Fool, we believe numbers tell only part of the story, so checkFool.com for more of our in-depth discussion of what the numbers mean.