In its latest update on sales of its new line of AXON on-body wearable camcorders for police officers, TASER International (NASDAQ:AAXN) reported Wednesday that it has booked multiple new contracts of significant size -- and even more orders of smaller size. All of these orders -- including 745 units of AXON body and 329 units of AXON flex -- were received in, and are expected to turn up as revenue in the current second fiscal quarter of 2014 (the financial results of which are due to be published July 30).
Wednesday's press release featured sales of:
- 201 AXON on-body cameras to the City of Escondido Police and Fire Headquarters in California, plus a four-year contract to provide EVIDENCE.com digital video storage service for the devices.
- 200 units of the more advanced AXON flex on-body camera to the Salt Lake City Police Dept. in Utah, plus a five-year EVIDENCE.com contract.
- 160 more AXON body cameras to the Spartanburg County Sheriff's Office in South Carolina -- also with five years of EVIDENCE.com service.
- 93 AXON flex cameras to the Hickory Police Dept. in North Carolina, each with five years of EVIDENCE.com service and coverage under the TASER Assurance Plan (a warranty and upgrades program offered by TASER).
- 84 AXON body cameras to the Houma Police Dept. in Louisiana, with five years of EVIDENCE.com.
- 82 AXON body cameras to the San Leandro Police Dept. in California, plus five years of EVIDENCE.com and coverage under the Assurance Plan.
- 70 AXON body cameras to the Ada County Sheriff's Office in Idaho, plus five years of EVIDENCE.com and coverage under Assurance Plan.
- 55 AXON body cameras to the East Haven Police Dept. in Connecticut, with five years of EVIDENCE.com.
- 54 AXON body cameras to the Peoria Police Dept. in Arizona, with three months of EVIDENCE.com.
- 36 AXON flexes, and six AXON body cameras to the Bellingham Police Dept. in Washington, with three years of EVIDENCE.com and coverage under the Assurance Plan.
- And 33 AXON body cameras to the Gilbert Police Dept. in Arizona, also with a three-year EVIDENCE.com subscription and coverage under the Assurance Plan.
In total, the itemized sales TASER is reporting tally at 745 units of AXON body, 329 units of AXON flex, and many years worth of EVIDENCE.com subscriptions. Notably, in every reported sale of real size, it appears that TASER's customers opted to supplement their AXON hardware purchase with a subscription to EVIDENCE.com.
TASER also noted that it has made additional sales of AXON body and flex cameras, EVIDENCE.com subscriptions, and/or TASER Assurance Plans to other law enforcement agencies other states. Added to the larger orders, this means TASER booked sales of its new on-officer camera hardware and services in half the states of the Union this past quarter.
At announced prices of $499 for AXON flex and $299 for AXON body, these sales appear to represent one-time Q2 2014 sales revenue of more than $387,000 for TASER, with recurring monthly EVIDENCE.com revenues in excess of $10,740.
Rich Smith owns shares of TASER. The Motley Fool recommends Apple. The Motley Fool owns shares of Apple. Try any of our Foolish newsletter services free for 30 days. We Fools may not all hold the same opinions, but we all believe that considering a diverse range of insights makes us better investors. The Motley Fool has a disclosure policy.